The Credit for Youth in Business (CYB) is hosted by the National Youth Council of Namibia. It is a loan guarantee program. This means that for a loan under this program, you do not need collateral.
The CYB targets Namibian youth between the ages of 18 and 35 years and provides financial support to youth that do not have adequate collateral to access loans from commercial banks. The loans offered range from N$ 3.000 to maximum N$ 20.000.
If your loan application get approved, you will have to contribute 10% of the loan up-front, in cash. Let’s say you get approved a loan of N$ 10 000, you need to have N$ 1 000 in cash and will receive N$ 10 000 from the bank. The 1 000 which is 10% is kept as security, once the loan is repaid off the beneficiary receives the 10% back. The CYB is implemented by Bank Windhoek.
CYB also provides mandatory training to all its beneficiaries.
- With legal entity
- Without legal entity
- Debt (Loans)
- Mentoring/Training (BDS)
Youth entrepreneurs, 18-35 years old
- Applicants must be between 18 years to 35 years
- Applicants must already be in business
- Applicants must be Namibian citizens
- Applicants must be willing to participate in the training programme
- Applicants must have a clean financial record (not black listed)
- Complete CYB bank loan application form. You can also get forms at your nearest Regional Youth Coordinator’s office.
- Submit your CYB bank loan application form with attachments to your nearest CYB promoter. Attachments:
- Copy of ID
- Bank statements
- if applicable: sales records
- Business plan is not necessary, but always helpful
- Once your application is received, a CYB official will come and visit you for an interview and confirmation of information.
- CYB will then forward your application to Bank Windhoek
- Bank Windhoek will contact you if your loan gets approved. You will need to sign a loan repayment contract with Bank Windhoek.
The CYB has two annual windows in which applications can be submitted:
Deadline 1: 28 February each year
Deadline 2: 31 August each year
Ms. Jacqueline Karuuombe
Tel: +264 61 248 218/9