The Otjozondjupa Regional Council provides funding to SMEs in the region through its Micro Finance Scheme. The Micro Finance Scheme is intended at financing rural entrepreneurship initiatives, which contributes to sustainable income generation and employment creation.
- Other target area
- Starting a company
Startups, Micros, SMEs, Grants.
- Following sectors are financed through this scheme; Agriculture, crafts, retailers, small mining, tourism, manufacturing and hospitality.
- Projects must be registered with Ministry of Industriazation, Trade and SME Development or to be registered within 6 months when notified as successful projects.
- Must have or open bank account.
- Applicants must be in groups or reputable individuals with economical viable projects.
- Projects must have specific location in Constituencies
- All projects must have project management committees
Financing volume is dependent on budget allocation from the Ministry of Urban and Rural Development.
- Regional Council will call for proposals at least once every year for the community to express their interest.
- Regional Council sends out circulars to all constituency offices to inform community to collect, complete and submit application forms.
- Constituency Development Committee (CDC) evaluate and send applications through to the Head Office for final scrutiny and selection of projects based on available funds.
Application time frame will be prescribed in the advert.
Visit the Otjozondjupa Regional Council at:
Chief Regional Officer
Mr. B.E.O Kasete (Acting)
Governor: Hon. Otto Iipinge
Chairperson: Hon. Julius Neumbo
Tel: 067-302658/ 067-303702
P.O. BOX 1682
Or, visit any Local Constituency Offices in the Otjozondjupa Region.