ONE Nation Fund collateral free lending
The ONE Nation Fund Microfinance and Entrepreneurial Training Programme offers collateral free microfinance, basic entrepreneurial training, coaching and mentorship to grassroots micro entrepreneurs (second economy participants) who have high potential but lack access to formal credit providers due to structural entrenched inequality.
As a non-profit organisation, the One Economy Foundation is uniquely positioned to provide a responsible, collateral free microfinance product which is responsive to the needs of grassroots entrepreneurs. The ONE Nation Fund microfinance product is easy to understand, bears no hidden cost, no interest rate and offers holistic support to encourage capacity development.
The ONE Nation Fund promises the following:
- Skills development through basic entrepreneurial training;
- Business mentorship and coaching;
- No collateral requirements or expectations;
- No administrative or hidden costs; and
- Easy to understand documentation.
The ONE Nation Fund has moved away from individual microfinance, introducing group microfinance. Group microfinance is comprised of several individuals, also known as a solidarity group, who support each other and hold each other accountable for the repayment of their credit. Group microfinance strengthens business peer support and business growth, access to networks; allows for increased accountability and promotes a culture of savings.
- Grassroots low-income (second economy) full time entrepreneurs, who do not qualify for funding from commercial formal finance institutions;
- Entrepreneurs must be in a group with a minimum of four (4) individuals, each with their own business.
- Group members must be in the same town to be considered an eligible group.
- Group members should belong to a trust-based organisation involved in socially responsible community engagement;
- Entrepreneurs who have successfully completed the compulsory free basic business training facilitated by the ONE Nation Fund;
- Entrepreneurs must be able to provide proof that they are unable to access financing from formal institutions;
- Entrepreneurs are expected to complete an application form. While we do not require business plans, we do require sufficient information to enable us to perform a reasonable risk assessment;
- Character and trade references are compulsory. Collateral free credit is high risk in nature and we therefore place high reliance on character references. For this purpose, we attribute substantial value to character references from grass roots organisations or self-help groups which are prepared to assist with self-monitoring;
- Preference will be given to people in established trust-based organisations/groups such as the Shack Dwellers Federation of Namibia;
- The entrepreneur must be able to demonstrably show previous involvement in some form of entrepreneurship;
- Only socially responsible businesses will be considered.
|ONE SEED||ONE GROWTH|
|Funding Offered (NAD)||5,000 – 49,999||50,000 – 100,000|
|Term Period (weeks)||52||78|
|Training||Compulsory basic entrepreneurial training.||Compulsory basic entrepreneurial training.|
|Company Status||Can be a start-up but must have proof of previous business knowledge and/or experience.||Must be operational for at least one year. Business must be registered and entrepreneur must have proof of previous business knowledge and/or experience.|
- Renewable Energy
- Other target area
Microfinance / Funding:
- Small Enterprise
- with legal entity
- Applications will be accepted during the month of August 2020 and a maximum of 25 applicants per cycle will be selected.
- Applications can be submitted from 1 – 31 August 2020. Applications submitted during the closed periods will not be considered and will be advised to apply during the next open cycle.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and/or processed.
- Submitted documentation will not be returned. Do not submit originals.
- Submission does not guarantee the success of your application.