The Income Generating Activity Grant (IGA) is a grant in form of materials and equipment given to small community members to start up small businesses/projects.
The Ministry of Gender will pay the suppliers of the equipment directly. Women are especially encouraged to apply: 75% of all grants need to go to female applicants.
The minimum grant is N$ 5.000 up to a maximum of N$ 30.000.
- With legal entity
- Without legal entity
Women, community grants, micro-entrepreneurs, grass root initiatives
- Namibian citizenship
- 18 years or older
- Previously disadvantaged – who cannot access bank loans due to lack of collateral
- Project proposals must be economically viable (=sustainable) and have the potential to provide employment to other community members
- The project can be new or already in existence
In order to apply for the Incoming Generating Activity (IGA) grant, you need to:
- fill in an application form
- provide quotations for the equipment/material you want to buy
- a business plan is good, but not compulsory
- Copy of ID
With the above-mentioned documents, you can apply at any regional office of the Ministry of Gender.
Applications are accepted each year form January to March!
Tel. +264 61 2833111 or +264 61 2833123