The Development Bank of Namibia Limited (DBN) provides finance for viable enterprises and sustainable initiatives that contribute to the development of Namibia. DBN’s Loan Facilities assist businesses to start or expand their existing business operations.
Within its private sector product portfolio, DBN offers the following:
- Franchise Finance
To facilitate the start-up of franchise businesses where the franchise rights are registered in Namibia.
- Contract-based Finance
Working Capital for Enterprises, to assist entrepreneurs meet short-term cash flow demands and excludes financing for capital items such as office buildings, equipment and machinery.
- Project Finance
To facilitate the long-term financing of infrastructure such as buildings, roads, energy and water substructures etc and industrial projects based on the projected cash flows of the project.
- Enterprise Development Finance
To facilitate the setting up or expansion of business enterprises through the provision of capital. Management buy-in or buy-out is included.
- Trade Finance
To provide working capital to meet liquidity requirements of traders.
- Debt (Loans)
- Mentoring/Training (BDS)
- Big Corporate
- With legal entity
- (Renewable) Energy
- Other target area
- Starting a company
Loans, Financing, Equipment.
- Viable start-up of a business with potential for sustainability.
- Expansion of an existing business.
- Management buy-in, into an existing business.
- Management buy-out (take-over) of a business.
- Project finance.
- Asset finance (as part of a business proposal).
- Contract based finance.
- Franchise financing.
DBN funding is aligned to the NDP priority sectors, with focus on: Infrastructure Development; Manufacturing; Tourism; Telecommunications and Logistics. And requirements restrict financing, however to transactions with a minimum turnover of N$ 10 million per annum.
- Minimum financing volume : N$ 150, 000.00.
- Maximum financing volume: N$ 350 million.
- Completion of DBN Application form.
- Submission of a Business Plan and supporting documents – page 13 to 15 of application form.
Application process takes on average six (6) to eight (8) weeks – if all required documentation and information is provided.
Visit the nearest DBN office at the following addresses.
- Daniel Manumava Street, Opposite Telecom Head office, Windhoek.
- Sam Nujoma Drive, 16th Road, Walvis Bay.
- Ongwediva Trade Fair Grounds, Ongwediva.
- Eugene Kakururu Street, In the MVA Fund Office Complex, Rundu.
Call +264 61-2908000